PA Central Credit Union is committed to protecting the confidentiality, security and integrity of each member’s nonpublic personal information* consistent with state and federal laws. Our members’ trust is our most important asset. Protecting personal information and using it in a manner consistent with your expectations is a high priority to everyone associated with Pennsylvania Central Credit Union.
- PA Central Credit Union will collect only the personal information necessary to conduct our business. That means just what is necessary to provide competitive financial products and services, and no more.
- PA Central Credit Union will protect your personal information. This credit union will maintain strong security controls to ensure that member information in our files and computers is protected. Where appropriate, we will use security coding techniques to protect against unauthorized access to personal records, to ensure accuracy and integrity of communications and transactions, and to protect member confidentiality. Our officers, directors, and employees are required to hold in confidence all credit union transactions with members and all information in regards to members’ personal business.
You will always have access to your information. As a member of PA Central Credit Union, you will always have the opportunity to review your information and make changes to ensure that our records are complete and accurate.
PA Central Credit Union will share public information only when absolutely necessary. We will only share information:
- To administer the products and services we provide
- When required to do so by the government
- When we partner with other businesses to offer a broader array of products and services.
PA Central Credit Union will partner only with businesses that follow our strict confidentiality requirements. The businesses we select will offer products designed to enhance our members’ economic well being. Under no circumstances will we authorize those firms to charge your account for any fees without your expressed consent, and we will not sell member information to telemarketing firms.
*Examples of nonpublic personal information are (a) information on applications, (b) account balances, payment & overdraft history, (c) credit & debit card purchase information, and (d) credit report information.